Diy country wedding ideas on a budget
Elizabeth Burgi Photography
- Do a Makeup & Hair trial and book your stylists. While you’re at it, come up with your own beauty and fitness regimen to be camera-ready for the large day.
- Guest list.
Get everyone’s mailing address.
- Invitation wording. Confirm your invitation text with the Stationer, and consider additional stationery (programs, menu cards, put cards, thank-you cards, etc.). Schedule a pickup date for your invites.
- Ceremony readings and vows.
- Menu, beverage and catering details.
- Shop for and purchase your wedding rings.
- Timeline of the reception formalities.
- Finalize honeymoon plans and obtain every necessary documents (are you certain your passports are up to date?).
–5 Weeks To Go…
Posh Peony Floral and Event Design
If your get-together will be informal, feel free to send an Evite.
- Purchase your guest book, toasting flutes, cake servers, unity candle, and every that excellent stuff.
- Shot list with your Photographer/Videographer.
- Wedding vows and readings with your Officiant.
- Timeline for the reception and who’s giving the toasts.
- Song list for ceremony, cocktail hour and reception with your DJ and/or Band/Musicians.
- Buy gifts (optional) for the wedding party and parents of the wedding couple.
- Wedding night and honeymoon accommodations.
- Obtain marriage license and finish name-change documents, if applicable.
- If you’re the traditional type, do you own something ancient, new, borrowed and blue?
- Pick up your wedding rings and proofread any engraving!
- Have your final dress fitting.
Bring your shoes and accessories for the full impact.
- Sigh. Hunt below whoever hasn’t RSVP’d yet.
0–12 Months To Go…
The Lees Photography
Deer Park Villa, Northern CA Wedding Venue
- Already feeling overwhelmed?
Consider hiring a Wedding Planner.
- Do you need wedding insurance? It’s something to ponder about. Check with your venue about Liability Insurance and consider other options, love cancellation insurance.
- Now that you own a date, tell everyone to save it! For destination weddings or weddings around a holiday, consider sending out Save-the-Date cards or emails.
Or create your own wedding website, and let your invitees know about it.
- Say yes to your wedding dress (or tux!) and start assembling the perfect accessories. Need inspiration?
Attend a trunk show or bridal fair.
- Find a Vendor. Assemble an all-star vendor team. We’d start with:
- Another way to minimize stress: Start dreaming up your honeymoon…and check out our Plan A Honeymoon section on
Has that feeling of «Engaged Bliss» begun to morph into the «Now What?!» phase?
If so, relax assured that this is totally normal—and you’ve come to the correct place.
Here Comes The Guide is here to assist you through your wedding planning, and a grand put to start is with our Wedding Checklist!
Scroll below to view it, or get a printable PDF version of the checklist here→
Don’t own a year to plan?
Not a problem—check out our Day Wedding Planning Checklist.
–9 Months To Go…
All You Need Is Love Events
- Shop for bridesmaid/flower girl dresses and give your attendants clear instructions on how to put their orders.
- Continue researching, interviewing and booking vendors:
- Create your present registry (and don’t forget to update your wedding website!).
- Arrange hotel room blocks for out-of-town guests and book your own suite for the wedding night.
- Arrange and book any necessary transportation.
- Go over bridal shower/bachelorette details and the guest list with the person(s) hosting your party.
–8 Weeks To Go…
Rifle Paper Co.
| Amelia Johnson Photography
- So you ponder you can’t dance? Consider taking a dance lesson with your fiancé—a excellent way to break in your bridal shoes!
- You’re getting close…. Mail out those invitations! Own a game plan for recording the RSVPs and meal choices.
- Touch base with your vendors to confirm date, deposits and details.
- Start researching marriage license requirements and name-change paperwork.
- Begin your dress fittings.
Be certain to purchase the appropriate undergarments beforehand.
- Give the wedding party a nudge—make certain they’ve ordered every necessary attire.
- Write thank-you cards for shower gifts and any early wedding gifts received.
Wedding Checklist :: Printable To-do Timeline