Diy shirts ideas
Our huge range of products leads to limitless possibilities
- Select from over customizable products
- Perfect options for any event or occasion
- Select your ideal size, style, and color, and top it off with your own design and font
Calculate delivery infolowest price, best service texts, designs + your images
The Best Service, Prices, and Experience
We’re the authority in custom products
Personalized Products Made Easy
The sky is the limit when it comes to customization
Calculate delivery infolowest price, best service
texts, designs + your images
Birds N Bones Jewelry on Shopify
Jewelry is another trade thought that can range from simple and low-tech (say, beaded necklaces and woven bracelets) to skilled trades with special equipment (say, silversmithing). It’s a saturated market, so doing your homework up front is important—how can your designs stand out? Is there a niche market to sell to?
Get inspired:Biko on Shopify (Case Study)
Get started:How to Start a Jewelry Making Business
- Fashion is fickle.
Validate your thought by tracking trends in jewelry—use Trends, and follow favorite fashion blogs and influencers.
- Consider adding apps love Jewelfie to assist your customers with fit.
- Photography is extremely significant, but also hard because of the scale and reflective qualities of jewelry. Invest in grand photos by hiring a pro. You can save money by partnering with complementary apparel brands to share the cost of lifestyle shoots.
T-shirts and printed merchandise
This is a maker trade for the non-maker. Your original thought can be designed (this is where the “made” comes in) and printed onto various goods love t-shirts, mugs, tote bags, and dog bandanas, and shipped directly to your customers. It’s a hands-off trade that has a extremely low barrier to entry.
Get inspired:Sugoi Shirts on Shopify (Podcast)
Get started:How To Start An Online T-Shirt Business
- T-shirts and printed merch can supplement an existing trade.
Gyms, musicians, and charities, for example, can sell branded swag to current audiences, and assist to build the brand.
- Not a designer?
Use sites love Creative Market or Upwork to discover talent to assist you turn your ideas into designs for your t-shirt business.
- Use a print and fulfillment app love Printful or Teelaunch. They integrate with your Shopify store, and automatically print, fulfill, and ship each order.
Bath bombs and soaps
Honeybunch Handmade on Shopify
A simple search returns pages of tutorials to teach you to make your own soaps, bath bombs, and other beauty products at home. They range from simple recipes for bath salts to more complicated formulations requiring emulsions and preservatives. This trade thought has low creativity requirements—soaps and bath bombs can be made using commercial molds—but packaging and branding are significant in beauty, so consider hiring design help.
Get inspired:Honeybunch Handmade on Shopify (Case Study)
Get started:How to Make Bath Bombs
- Keep your inventory tight—fresher bath bombs own more fizz, and natural ingredients (like essential oils) in soap can expire.
- Investigate your raw ingredient sources to ensure they’re beauty-grade and safe for skin.
Shopify merchant Salem Essentials recommends understanding the basics of chemistry.
- Check with your local government to ensure that your production facility (even if it’s your own kitchen) meets health standards. In the US, for example, the FDA sets guidelines for ventilation, air control, and surfaces.
Customizable T-Shirts for Any Occassion
Salted fish and tobacco are traded for fur and feed grains.
A block of raw wood is whittled into a toy horse and sold in a stall at a local artisan market. Watermelon seeds, sowed and tended, become full-fledged fruit before exchanging hands at a roadside stall.
Making things from scratch, cultivating them by hand, and carving out a living by selling and trading them—these are the inceptive transactions of commerce. Commerce has evolved in the past few hundred years, with the biggest changes coinciding with rail transport, the manufacturing boom, and the Internet. As far as we’ve come, the roots of commerce remain firmly planted.
Today, thousands of Shopify merchants produce made-by-hand goods, selling them at craft shows, pop-up shops, and through their online stores worldwide.
Ecommerce gives makers more reach, and apps assist hold their businesses running more efficiently, letting them focus on what they do best: their craft.
Over the years, we’ve shared deep dives into DIY businesses, producing case studies and guides to assist you turn your handmade passion into a living.
But maybe you’re not fairly certain what to make and sell. Maybe you’re looking for a new hobby to busy your idle hands (and earn additional money on the side).
Or maybe you’re not crafty at all.
We’ve compiled a list of things to make and sell, something to appeal to everyone from beginners to the advanced craftsperson, from skilled trades to relatively hands-off ventures. Each thought will include a link to a comprehensive guide, as well as a Shopify store to inspire your own.
Shopify Academy Course: Sell Your Homemade Goods Online
Have a product you’re ready to sell? The Kular family shares their experience building a trade around mom’s recipe book.
From selling one-on-one to reaching the aisles of Whole Foods.
Enroll for free
0 things to make and sell for cash
- T-shirts and printed merchandise
- Bath bombs and soaps
- Enamel pins
- Art and prints
- Curated present and subscription boxes
- Digital products
- Traditional handcrafted goods